COVID-19: Helpful Resources for Nonprofits
Government Funding Programs
Unemployment Insurance – The federal government is allowing new options for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits related to COVID-19. Learn more.
Nonprofits and the CARES Act: Webinar
Small Business Loan – Here’s what you need to get a forgivable small business (under 500 employees), loan under the emergency legislation just signed into law. The new CARES Act gives nonprofits and small business access to funds aimed at helping to meet the COVID-19 emergency. These emergency funds are limited and the early bird gets the worm should be your mantra.
Nonprofits in Canada along with many of their suppliers/vendors are eligible for wage subsidy. Here’s a detailed breakdown of who is eligible and how the subsidy will be implemented from Canada Revenue Agency.
Temporary Wage Subsidies
Affected by COVID-19? Quickly learn what Canadian government support programs you qualify for here.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the federal government is setting up a $350 million Emergency Community Support Fund to help charities and non-profits keep up their work assisting Canada’s most vulnerable through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tips for Completing Record of Employment Forms with respect to COVID-19
- 16 Online Job Boards for Nonprofit Professionals Worldwide
Communicating During the Crisis
A comprehensive set of fill-in-the-blank email, text, and social media messages for your donor communications strategy: Coronavirus Communication Templates: Customizable Messages for Donors
Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19 by National Council of Nonprofits
- How a Social Service Organization Raised Necessary Funds During COVID-19
- How a Nonprofit in South Africa is Responding to COVID-19
- #GivingTuesdayNow: How to Create a Successful #GivingTuesdayNow Digital Campaign Fast
A public Google Drive folder of examples of how to Fundraise during COVID-19: by Julia Campbell
- How to Talk to Donors and Keep Fundraising During COVID-19
- How to write an Emergency E-Appeal if your organization is being affected by the Coronavirus
- 8 Steps for Successful Fundraising During the Coronavirus Crisis by Amy Eisenstein
- How Nonprofits Can Continue Fundraising in the Wake of the Coronavirus
Appeal Templates & Scripts
- Coronavirus Appeal Templates, by Mark Phillips
- Free Coronavirus Appeal Templates
- COVID-19 Call Script by Pamela Grow
- Forced to Cancel Your Fundraising Event Because of COVID-19? Here’s What to Do
- Fundraising event cancelled due to coronavirus? Try these 10 alternatives.
Online Meeting & Phone Software
Top 5 VOIP Software Solutions For Nonprofits
Zoom – Nonprofits can apply for a discount through TechSoup Canada here.
GoToMeeting – To support nonprofits during the COVID-19 outbreak, LogMeIn will offer all products including GoToMeeting for free for three months in addition to providing Emergency Remote Work Kits. Learn more here.
COVID 19 Charity Preparedness Group – A group to discuss and share contingency plans for charities in relation to COVID-19.
Podcast Related to COVID-19
Podcast to Help Stay Connected
With people working from home and feeling more isolated from others, podcasts are a great way for our clients to feel connected, and learn/grow along the way
First Day Podcast (made by Indiana University’s Lilly Family School of Philanthropy)
Nonprofits are Messy, the Podcast
Nonprofit Leadership Podcast
The Impact Podcast
Stanford Social Innovation Review
Fundraising is Beautiful
Fundraising Talent Podcast
The Small & Mighty Fundraising Minute